There are numerous Network providers out there but only a few guarantee the best services. One such provider is Jio Network. Because of its affordable plans and high speed internet connectivity. So if you want To Port In Existing Number to Jio, here is a guide to help you out –
There are a number of network providers out there like Vodafone, Airtel, Idea, etc. But we all know, since Jio came in the game, it attracted a lots of users. And is still doing so! Plus users get high speed internet almost everywhere using Jio SiM card.
Hence a number of users are still looking for ways to Port in existing number to Jio. If you dont know what Porting existing number to Jio means. Porting existing number to another Network provider means keeping the number same but changing the SIM Card company.
So if you have a Vodafone SIM card and want to keep the number but change the provider to Jio, you can use the below short guide to do so-
How To Port In Existing Number to Jio?
If you want to keep your SIM number but change the service provider to Jio, ie. Port in Existing Number to Jio, follow the below easy steps –
Note – before beginning the guide, make sure that before you port Existing number to Jio, you have to clear any pending dues on that existing number of the current Network Provider.
- From the existing phone number, type an SMS, “PORT <10-digit mobile number>”.
- Make sure to enter the same number which you want to port in to Jio.
- Now send this message to 1900.
- Soon a confirmation message will be sent to the same number.
- This messahe will have the UPC (Unique Porting Code). It will also have an expiry date.
- Now go to the closest Reliance Jio Store or Jio Retailer.
- You will need the UPC code and your original Aadhaar card or original Proof of Address(POA) or any Proof of Identity(POI) document along with you.
The retailer or Jio store will help you out in the process. For porting in the same Telecom circle will take about 3 working days and for inter-telecom circle, it will be 5 working days. However, your number will be working meanwhile. No severices will be interrupted.
And once the porting-in to Jio is completed, you will be able to use the Reliance Jio services with the same existing mobile number.
I assume that you have successfully ported in Existing number to Jio. In case of any doubts, feel free to let us know in the comment box below. We will come to your rescue.